Skip to main content

PUBG Mobile yet to receive permission from Govt of India to resume operations: report

PUBG Mobile may have revealed its plans for a comeback to India but the developers are yet to receive permission from the government for officially resuming operations, as per the latest report. PUBG Corporation announced a new version of PUBG Mobile for the Indian users on November 12 and since then, fans of the popular battle royale game have waited with bated breath for it to land on the Play Store and App Store.

According to a report by InsideSport that cites sources in the MEITY (Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology), neither PUBG Corp nor PUBG India has been permitted to resume operations in India, Moreover, the source told InsideSport that the government remains firm on its stance for the ban put on the game since September 2. 

The report also quotes another Ministry official who said, “Any banned entity can’t operate just by floating a new company. This even Tik Tok or anyone else can do. They will have to get permissions from MEITY to operate once again in India.” 

Recently, PUBG India Pvt Ltd was established as a subsidiary based out of Bangalore, however, the latest report indicates that it is not a substantial development for the ban to be revoked. The company has definitely made headway into the launch of PUBG Mobile India and has already released a dedicated website, Instagram, Facebook handles and a YouTube channel.

PUBG Corp needs to address the privacy and security concerns of the Indian government for the new version of PUBG Mobile to launch in India. To this end, the developer’s parent company Krafton Inc recently inked a deal with Microsoft for using the Azure cloud service to store users' data in an attempt to ensure personal data protection. 

PUBG Mobile India was rumoured to release on November 20 in India, however, we were able to confirm that it wasn’t the case and players will have to wait longer. The company has released a teaser for the return of PUBG Mobile in India featuring three popular PUBG Mobile players-- Aaditya ‘Dynamo’ Sawant, Jonathan Amaral and Chetan ‘Kronten’ Chandgude.

PUBG Mobile India is set to release sometime soon and will feature customized content including a virtual simulation training ground, clothed characters from the start, green hit effects and restriction settings on game time to inculcate healthy gaming habits in younger players. Here are answers to some of the common questions about the return of PUBG Mobile in India.

 

from Latest Technology News https://ift.tt/3miXzHZ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YouTube Music Season Recap 2022: How to View the Spring Recap

YouTube is a jump ahead of Spotify with its Season Rewind playlist feature. Well, besides playlists, the service offers you a list of your most played artists, songs, albums, etc in the previous season. It will be a recurring thing and is poised to come out every season. Meanwhile, its biggest competitor Spotify’s Wrapped is a bop every time it lands but is limited to annual appearance. There in lies one big difference between the two approaches. Let’s see what else you could expect out of the new YouTube Music feature. YouTube Season Recap: How it works Source: u/DecentSizedTurd (Reddit) Like the YouTube Recap 2021, this one too would share personalized listening stats. YouTube calls this “an exploration of your top artists, songs, albums and playlists over the last season”. To view it, you just need to go to music.youtube.com/recap or the landing page on the YouTube Music app for Android and iOS. Right now, only some users have got the spring Youtube Music playlist. But the...